Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mattbitter
Frequent Visitor

How to undo the Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps

Hey - someone accidentatlly upgraded our PBI App to the new Public Preview of Multiple Audiences for Power BI Apps but we want it back to the original way. is there a way to undo this new app layout? I could not find a way.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-public-preview-of-multiple-audiences-for-power-b...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately rolling back is not possible
If you could share the issue facing, might be able to suggest alternative.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Razor78910
Regular Visitor

Yeah, I thought of that.  It is not ideal nor what I would like, but I will make the best out of a situation forced upon me.  If I can't roll back the update, at least include the option to not have a landing page.  It is not an enhancement of the user experience.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How do you enable the preview for this feature? would like to test it, assume it's an admin setting somewhere?

Hi,

I have the same question. So far, I'm not able to see anything new in our tenant. I'm also not aware of any new admin setting which would allow that. 
We are located in Western Europe.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It just showed up for us, must be a delayed rollout (we are in Western Europe too )

Same for us today!

mattbitter
Frequent Visitor

thanks. yeah we are just going to have to make some audiences and work around it but it is not ideal. I have no problem with adding new features but not sure why they removed the feature to keep a signle page as the landing of the App. we have our own custom landing page that is more useful for our purposes so that is why.

BTW you got back to me faster than a Sev A case I raised with MS before I posted this hah...

Lucky me 😀

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Razor78910
Regular Visitor

I do not want to open a report straight away.  I would like the ability to have a list of reports within the App to be displayed.  With the previous version, I was able to achieve this with the Navigation and select "None" for a landing page.

I create a welcome page for the app via a dashboard with a single tile with web content. You can pretty much do whatever you want there.  I also use this to let users know of recent report updates / additions. Hope this helps.

yeah agreed we are missing that as well..

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately rolling back is not possible
If you could share the issue facing, might be able to suggest alternative.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors