Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smpa01
Super User
Super User

How to tell if I am pro or premium user

Hello,

My organization gave me a pro license and a premium workspace. Do I identify myself as a pro / premium user?

Thank you in advance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jcullum
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you have a premium workspace means your Power Pro license can publish to a Premium work space.  Premium workspaces have  a Diamond next to the name.

I would suggest if you see that you are premium user.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, there is no such thing as a premium user.

Users can have a license that is Free or Pro.

Premium is a capacity license, that allows Free users to consume content hosted on the capacity.

If you have Pro, you are a pro user.

If you have the premium capacity, you need to check if it has been assigned to the workspaces you are wanting to use. They will have the diamond icon.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@smpa01 

If you want to check the user license. (Free/Pro).

Please refer the below snippet to check.

Path:- Login to the Power Bi Service >> Settings >> Manage Storage >> (Ex:- For me i am using Pro trial) here it will show you the optin Free/Pro.

Manage Storage Setting.JPG

Click on "workspaces" and check if anyone have any diamond symbol(Premium workspace icon).

If any one doesn't have the symbol, but you are planning to move from Shared capacity to Premium Capacity.

Please click on "workspaces" >> workspace name (Ex:- Sample)>> Click 3 dots at the end of the workspace name >> workspace settings >> Premium >> Dedicated Capacity.

Hope it will clear your queries.

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

6 REPLIES 6
smpa01
Super User
Super User

Thanks @venal @Anonymous @jcullum  for explaining it in detail. Based on what ypu mentioned I have a pro license and do see the diamond symbol beside the capacity !!!!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@smpa01 

If you want to check the user license. (Free/Pro).

Please refer the below snippet to check.

Path:- Login to the Power Bi Service >> Settings >> Manage Storage >> (Ex:- For me i am using Pro trial) here it will show you the optin Free/Pro.

Manage Storage Setting.JPG

Click on "workspaces" and check if anyone have any diamond symbol(Premium workspace icon).

If any one doesn't have the symbol, but you are planning to move from Shared capacity to Premium Capacity.

Please click on "workspaces" >> workspace name (Ex:- Sample)>> Click 3 dots at the end of the workspace name >> workspace settings >> Premium >> Dedicated Capacity.

Hope it will clear your queries.

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@venal  I wasnt able to use your steps to determine if I am a pro or normal user, or at least, I am not sure what I am looking for.

@Anonymous 

Please login to the Power BI Service >> Settings >> Manage Personal Storage.

User License Status.JPG

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, there is no such thing as a premium user.

Users can have a license that is Free or Pro.

Premium is a capacity license, that allows Free users to consume content hosted on the capacity.

If you have Pro, you are a pro user.

If you have the premium capacity, you need to check if it has been assigned to the workspaces you are wanting to use. They will have the diamond icon.

jcullum
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you have a premium workspace means your Power Pro license can publish to a Premium work space.  Premium workspaces have  a Diamond next to the name.

I would suggest if you see that you are premium user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors