Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to stream data from Project Web App (PWA) to PowerBi report

Hello,

How can i push or stream data from Project Web App to my report at PowerBi service?
I want to create a report that receives and show data automatically from PWA.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could view the refresh history to check if it is finished. It needs some time when refresh.  Maybe your problem is caused by not finished.

3.PNG

If you got a error message, please share it here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you implement it? You could share your own solutions. If you make sense about my answer, please accept it as a solution. More people who have the same request will find it quickly and benefit from here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think you could connect PWA by apps directly in Service. You could reference the document : Connect to Project Web App with Power BI  to have a try. Then you could configure schedule refresh to show the latest data automatically.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, thanks @v-xuding-msft for your reply.

I did connect to Project Web App with PowerBI, but when i try to configure the schedule refresh i can't do it because the autentication required to acces the data is OAuth > Organizational > None Privacy level, and there ins't these options when I'm configuring the gateway.

I wonder why i have to create this gateway since my data is stored at Project Web App and not at my local machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've managed to configure the schedule refresh and it's seen to be working, but it only refreshes the database, not the report. The database been refreshed as scheduled but still have to press the refresh button at the report page. How can i change that?

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could view the refresh history to check if it is finished. It needs some time when refresh.  Maybe your problem is caused by not finished.

3.PNG

If you got a error message, please share it here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xuding-msft Yes, it's working. By accessing the refresh history page i can see that it's working. But that means only the data set it's been refreshed. Now i wanna know if there's a way to schedule an automaticaly refresh of Report that uses the referred data set.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you refresh reports successfully? If so, please mark the helpful answer as a solution. If not, please let us know. Maybe others who encounter the same problem will post a solution.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for delay, was on vacation 🙂

Yes, it worked, for some reason the first time only refreshed the dataset but now it's refreshing the report and the dataset as well.

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Generally, if we set scheduled refresh and refresh successfully, the reports will be updated automatically. For your scenario, I think you could try to clear website cache and reopen the report or refresh the web page after refresh finished.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors