Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jturdanes

How to show total number of queue items based on queue name

Hi There,

I've been trying to figure out how can I display total number of queue items based on on Queue Name. 

I tried creating new column with the following value :

Total Number of Queue Item = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Queue Item'), 'Queue'[Name]="High Priority") + 0 

But I don't get the actual data. 

Is this the right formula for this? 

I was basing it to the already available column for Case, Total Number Of Cases = COUNTROWS('Case') + 0 but I am not able to make it work for Queue items.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jturdanes,

What the exact issue occurs when you create the calculated column? Would you please share some sample data and show desired results?

If the column [Item] and the column [Name] are in same table ‘Queue’, then you should modify you DAX formula like below:

Total Number of Queue Item = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Queue'), 'Queue'[Name]="High Priority") + 0

5.PNG

If there’re two tables ‘Queue’ and ‘Queue Item’ in your report, you should create a relationship between the two tables based on a key column and then use the same DAX formula.

6.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jturdanes,

What the exact issue occurs when you create the calculated column? Would you please share some sample data and show desired results?

If the column [Item] and the column [Name] are in same table ‘Queue’, then you should modify you DAX formula like below:

Total Number of Queue Item = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Queue'), 'Queue'[Name]="High Priority") + 0

5.PNG

If there’re two tables ‘Queue’ and ‘Queue Item’ in your report, you should create a relationship between the two tables based on a key column and then use the same DAX formula.

6.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors