Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

erihsehc
Helper III
Helper III

How to show % on stacked bar chart?

power bi query.JPGcurrently can only show number in decimal point instead of % on stacked bar chart (the source data is on % format). Also, how to show the % in the fourth row, not to hidden the number when the bar area is small, please help thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @erihsehc

Did you also look to change the Format property under Modeling and then Format in the Ribbon?

As well as did you enable the Customize Series under the Data Labels as shown below?

Email Pic.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @erihsehc

You you created a measure for your value or not?

And I do think that when the value is too small to fit into the area it might not be shown. But you can test it out with the formatting options under Data Label

Power BI Blog

thanks quavaq

Actually, the source data directly feed to Power BI from like SQL, without measure, is that possible to show % directly? it is quite time consuming to change all source by using measure.

Also, the fourth bar, the % is very small like 3%, but I still want to show the % on power bi for presentation (i have checked the Data Label but still not working) is that any way to solve?. thanks 

Hi @erihsehc

What you could do is when you import the data in the Query Editor you can change the data type on the column to %

Email Pic.png

With regards to the 3% I am not sure if this is possible due to being so small and not having enough space to fit in the actual numbers.

Power BI Blog

power bi reply.JPG

thanks. I have used the query editor to change the data to % and applied the data, however, the number in the bar chart still not updated to %. headacheSmiley Frustrated

Hi @erihsehc

Did you also look to change the Format property under Modeling and then Format in the Ribbon?

As well as did you enable the Customize Series under the Data Labels as shown below?

Email Pic.png

Power BI Blog

Thanks quavaq, my 1st query solved, can show the % now

For 2nd query, I have enabled the customized series already, can not make the number visible

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors