Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OliverC
Regular Visitor

How to show activity count by account

Hi all

I want to show activity type and count, by account, in a chart in Sales Analytics. I'm inspired by this chart, which shows activity type by day, which is perfect, but I want to see it by Account. 

2020-09-30 11_19_33-Power BI and 23 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

However, when I try to create a stacked chart with the Axis as the Account Name, with the Legend as Activity Type and the Value as Activity Count, every record appears to be the same. Where-as each account has a different number of activity records, the chart shows them all to be the same. 

2020-09-30 12_00_37-Power BI and 23 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Any idea how I can create the chart I want? 

Olly

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OliverC,

It is hard to troubleshoot your scenario without any data. You can copy data from your pbix file and paste it to an excel file. After these steps, you can reference the copied data structure to create some dummy data for share.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately the Sales Analytics app doesn't allow me to download the PBIX file. Will Analyse in Excel give the info you need?

2020-10-02 09_44_58-Power BI and 22 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Hi

I found the PBX in a post by Microsoft. 

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2121605

Does that help? 

Olly

Hi @OliverC,

You can try to use the export feature to export art from your visualizations and you can share these exported records:

Export the data that was used to create a visualization 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you share the data model? this is usually a problem of using two columns from two tables that are not related.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks Ibarrau

Im afraid I'm not sure what you mean. 

If it helps, I'm using the Sales Analytics app within PowerBI to connect to Dynamics 365. 

Does that help?

Olly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors