Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

How to show Power Bi on a large TV screen and have the page change after a set number of secounds?

One of my customers wants their Power BI service report shown on a large screen

And want the report they show changed after a couple of secounds, so it rotate between diffrence reports.

So I have a few question in regards to this.

1. What is the best way to show it on a large TV screen, should I use the powerBi sharepoint or dashboard? The customer does not have asses to PowerBi desktop.

2. How do I get page in the report to change after a short periode of time?

3. Do the customer need a laptop and licens to have the report open and running or is it possible to do it without?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ThomasWeppler - there are lots of interesting questions.  Here is what I am thinking:

1. You may want to develop Reports that specifically take care of the large screen as smaller objects will appear larger when scaled by the screen.  Also, the report was need less interactive features, like tooltips, slicers.  Less features will allow the report to load faster.
  2. I would try Power Automate Desktop.  This should start a web page in full screen mode and basically loop though the different Reports as each will have a different URL.
  3. The laptop could use a Power BI Free licence if the Report is backed by Premium Capacity.  Otherwise you will need a Pro License to see a Shared Workspace. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

@Daryl-Lynch-Bzy and @ThomasWeppler I am having the same type of requirement to one of my client.
The Power Automate Desktop is a puzzle to me. 
I was wondering if the approach is still updated or is there any alternative recently. 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ThomasWeppler - there are lots of interesting questions.  Here is what I am thinking:

1. You may want to develop Reports that specifically take care of the large screen as smaller objects will appear larger when scaled by the screen.  Also, the report was need less interactive features, like tooltips, slicers.  Less features will allow the report to load faster.
  2. I would try Power Automate Desktop.  This should start a web page in full screen mode and basically loop though the different Reports as each will have a different URL.
  3. The laptop could use a Power BI Free licence if the Report is backed by Premium Capacity.  Otherwise you will need a Pro License to see a Shared Workspace. 

That sounds like a good way to do it, but I have not worked in power Automate desktop yet.

So I wounder if someone can guide me through how to do this with a few more details.

This is what I see when I open power automate in my desktop.

Power automate.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors