Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to share my dashboard/report with people without 365 office?

Hi all,

I want to share my report/dashboard in PowerBI service to other people who don't have account for 365 office, PowerBI desktop, and PowerBI service account. So basically that group of people has nothing except their computer with internet. I know I'm able to share the dashboard/report using PDF/Powerpoint but is there any other way to share it so that when I updated the dashboard/report, they will get the latest one as well?

Hope to get some advise. Thank you.

Regards,

sw40

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the documentation of Power BI,

"After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report updates with any changes you make. The embed code link is immediately active. Anyone who opens the link can view it. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. We don’t recommend using Publish to web for data that needs to refresh frequently."

If I am not mistaken,

As long as you have a Power BI account, even if ou don't have the Pro license,

you can still publish to web.

"You need to be a Microsoft Power BI user to use Publish to web. Your report viewers don't need to be Power BI users."

Here's the link just in case you want to see the documentation:

Publish to Web Documentation 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

Again, you can only share your reports or dashboards if both you and the end user have a Pro License at least.

Check this link for your reference:

Free vs Pro 

2020_12_07_08_56_10_Power_BI_Free_vs._Pro_vs._Premium_What_are_the_Differences_Stoneridge_Softw.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mussaenda ,

Thanks for your reply! I'm fine with making the report available to everyone. By the way, do I need to have PowerBI Pro account in order to share through web and refresh the data daily?

Just to confirm again, if I publish my report to web, the viewer will get the latest report as well if I refresh the data daily?

Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the documentation of Power BI,

"After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report updates with any changes you make. The embed code link is immediately active. Anyone who opens the link can view it. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. We don’t recommend using Publish to web for data that needs to refresh frequently."

If I am not mistaken,

As long as you have a Power BI account, even if ou don't have the Pro license,

you can still publish to web.

"You need to be a Microsoft Power BI user to use Publish to web. Your report viewers don't need to be Power BI users."

Here's the link just in case you want to see the documentation:

Publish to Web Documentation 

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaenda Thanks for your fast response! 

If I need to refresh the data frequently, which method is the best for me to share to my team assuming this time they have registered for an PowerBI service account but without license for Pro?

Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Again, you can only share your reports or dashboards if both you and the end user have a Pro License at least.

Check this link for your reference:

Free vs Pro 

2020_12_07_08_56_10_Power_BI_Free_vs._Pro_vs._Premium_What_are_the_Differences_Stoneridge_Softw.png

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

if you are willing, you can publish your report to web so they can access it.

But take note that publishing it to web, your report will be available for everyone.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors