Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to setup a custom table based dashboard to represent the data from created measures in below

Hello,

Hi, I am about to start working on a PowerBI project for a client and wanted to get some good ideas on how effectively I can design the visual dashboard in the below scenario:

Capture.PNG

You can see in the above screenshot that the layout is a table based. All the categories highlighted in red are categories for which there is a account number available in Database. So for example, I will be creating 7 measures for category like 'Digital Ads', one for FY18 Estimations at 9/30, Second for FY18 budget, third for FY18 budget vs FY18PROJ using the account number and so on. 

What I am trying to figure out is what would be the best way to place these created measures, exactly as shown in the screenshots above, can someone please share ideas. I woud like to make sure that the dashboard i design should  match 100% to the one shown in the screenshot. It becomes easier in case if the data is coming straight from a DB table but I am not sure, how can I do it in case of when you have values coming from the created measures. 

FYI, I will be integrating a date table which will have a relationship defined to the table data coming from Database. Also the measures I create, will have conditions like calculate for this account number where FiscalYear is 2018. In SSRS reports, we can exactly match this but since this is PowerBI I want to see how this can be done better. Also no amounts are coming straight from Database, they will be displayed via a calculated measure.

If you have ideas, please share and help, I would appreciate it, thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please offer some sample data to have a test?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors