Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to setup Essbase connector in Data Gateway

We have setup Essbase in Power BI Desktop just fine.  I am trying to create an Essbase connection for the Data Gateway. I have tried several different formats for the server and it always errors on the test.

The connection configuration on the Gateway is very different than the Power BI desktop.

Thanks,

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Please use the server, credentials as you used it in Power BI Desktop.

If you have any error message while configuring the data source, please share us the screenshot.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the issue I believe.  In Desktop there are 4 parameters to insert to be able to connect.  In the Data Gateway, there are only 2.

EssBase Desktop.pngEssBase Gateway.png

@Anonymous 

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Please configure the datasource using the servername from the Desktop, others are optional.

ServerName, UserName and Password - Required.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, I got it to work.  It required the web address to work.  I thought I had tried it previously.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually did that before posting.  I have run through both configuration combinations.  Any other thoughts?  Not being able to specify the application I am wondering if Essbase is not letting it connect to the server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors