Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cosmos
Regular Visitor

How to set up a streaming data report?

I have a range of devices that push data to an Azure IoT hub. I then have a stream analytics job which ingests the data from IoThub and outputs it to PowerBI. In PowerBI then I have created a report from the dataset which is working. I now want that report to be "live" using the streaming data from Stream Analytics, but cant see how to make it so?

Looking at this guide, under the section 'Create and publish a Power BI report to visualize the data' point 4 says 'Click Streaming Datasets' which sounds like exactly what I need, but I dont see that option anywhere?

Have I missed a step or set something up wrong, or is there another way to make my report "live" without needing manual refresh and publishing?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cosmos,

Looking at this guide, under the section 'Create and publish a Power BI report to visualize the data' point 4 says 'Click Streaming Datasets' which sounds like exactly what I need, but I dont see that option anywhere? 

What do you mean about "but I dont see that option anywhere"? Is that you cannot find the "Streaming Datasets" button to click on your Power BI service?

Or the dataset that you specified when you created the output for the Stream Analytics job doesn't show up under the list of your Streaming Datasets on Power BI Service, after you have finished all the previous steps successfully?

Could you be more precisely with this issue? It's better to post some screenshots. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

Yes, thats correct. I dont see the streaming data sets button anywhere. I cant see any option for streaming data tbh which has me puzzled.

Hi @cosmos,

You're using the new UI Navigation for PBI Service in which you can find your streaming dataset that you specified when you created the output for the Stream Analytics job by clicking "My Workspace" > Datasets.

streaming.PNG

Or you can switch back to the old UI by going to the Settings, Preview features, New Navigation set at Off. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the reply. Thats the dataset ive used in my report, but its neither live nor streaming when I publish my report to the web. The data remains static. I added some charts, dragged on some fields from that data set but it does not update. I'm looking at the report on the web now and the data points are from 26/04.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors