Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christianadaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to set up a data alert from a multi-card

I would like to set up data alerts from my multi-card that is based on expiry dates. So basically, when a service period reaches a certain number in the multi-card I would like to notify the team through a data alert via email and/or desktop.

Is it possible to set up data alerts from a multi-card? 

I have read that it is only possible to set up alerts from 'card' and 'gauge' visuals. 

Please see screenshot below capturing the 'service period remaining' number that I would like to connect my data alert too. 

christianadaa_0-1653267175917.png

7 REPLIES 7
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @christianadaa ,
Not sure how many items in the multi row card, but you might be able to create a new page, hide it, and then set up single cards on that page from which you could set up alerts.   This way you retain your visual as designed and create a second hidden page which triggers the alerts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

HI @Nathaniel_C

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I have 6 rows in the multi card. Please see below screenshot.

christianadaa_0-1653455050747.png

I am looking to trigger data alerts for when the 'service period remaining' hits 3 or lower. I do not know if this ispossible with single cards as a single card only generates one item where they may be multiple items that have a 'service period remaining' of 3 or less. 

A gauge map may be useful although I am trying to figure our the best way to capture the data in a gauge map. I visualised this on whiteboard but do not know if it is possible to bring to life in Power BI. Please see the whiteboard visual below.  

christianadaa_1-1653455537786.png

Hi @christianadaa ,
When should the alert go out? If any drops below 3, or if all drop below 3, or go out for each that drops below 3?

Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Nathaniel, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Ideally, the alert should go out for each item that is at 3 or below.

Do you need more information? 

Thank you. 

Christiana

Hi @Nathaniel_C 

Just checking in if you were able to find a solution for this? 

Finally caught a break from other duties and looking back in to this. I provided up the ideal number for the alert above. Let me know if you need any more information or if I can help to reach a solution. 

Thank you, 

Christiana

AnamPatel
Resolver II
Resolver II

You cant setup Data Alert on a Multi Row Card.

Thank you. 

There is no work around? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors