Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edhans
Super User
Super User

How to see how long is left on Power BI Pro trial for users?

Is there a way for an Office 365 admin to see how long is left on individual's Power BI Pro Free Trial? I know how each user can see on their own, but I'd like to get ahead of exipirations and buy licenses 1-2 days before it dies vs the current method of it dying then I have to contact our reseller to get a license. We cannot buy them online, which is frustrating in its own right. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @edhans

The only thing that would come to mind for me is to have a PowerShell script run and see when the Power BI Pro Trial license was acquired. 

Then from this date, we know that there is a 60 day trial. So from the output you would then know when the trial is going to expire?

Power BI Blog

Thanks. I thought about that but:

• I'm not a powershell whiz by any means
  • Some trials are 30 days, others are 60 days, and a few (mine and 2-3 others in the office) are 365 days!

Right now the only true way to know is for the user to tell me before it dies, and they won't, so it is for them to be down 1-2 hrs when it does and when I can get a license purchased.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors