Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amoine
Frequent Visitor

How to remove personal gateway from app.powerbi.com

I,

I successfully uninstalled personal gateway from my server.

But it is still visible on app.powerbi.com, with an error saying that gateway is unavailable.

I can't refresh my datasources because of this error.

Can you help me ?

45 REPLIES 45

I am experiencing the same issue (Gateway uninstalled but message saying that is is offline) and have contacted support two weeks ago and still waiting (but hoping) to get a resolution...

Have installed successfully gateway on Machine 2 and it works but when i uninstall i have agian the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem too.

Definately seems that addressing this is a low priority for MS which is very annoying.

I am also having this problem. I second @Seth_C_Bauer  in asking for you to keep us updated.

Thanks!

Cris

@cweberits

Cloud Services Architect at @ITS_Partners

Just making ConfigMgr as a Service at https://itsdelivers.com/future

@Seth_C_Bauer Good thoughts.  Here's what I tried & the outcomes:

• Built brand new PBIX, with same SQL Server & DB, published.  Clicked on Sched-Refresh -> YES!  I can choose between my (defunct, but still there) Personal GW or the Enterprise Gateway.  Works.
    • So, we know that the gateway is alive & working for me.
    • Though - odd - it still thinks my PG is registered, but offline.

• Opened the original PBIX:
    • Ensured that the queries reference the exact SQL server name & DB name (even making sure I'm not using FDQN in the PBIX, but just the hostname in the gateway settings), re-publish -> Same error, says my PG is offline, EG grayed out.

• Saved it as a different file entirely.  Publish the duplicate -> Same error, says my PG is offline, EG grayed out.

• Completely remove all saved data sources - deleted them all from the PBID data source settings.  Save.  Refresh the PBIX in the PBID, re-connected to the SQL server, Publish -> Same error, says my PG is offline, EG grayed out.

• Open a ticket with MS Support -> waiting on call.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors