Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PZUDGW
Helper I
Helper I

How to remove double source connection

I have a dataflow with a gateway problem. The picture below is in Dutch. In the dataflow seems to be twice the same source connection. I dont know how to remove one of them and when filling in both correct gateways, the option to save is still greyed out. So I'm stuck.

The amount of data in this flow is a lot, so rebuiling the flow is not really an option.

2020-10-29_16h47_36.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @PZUDGW ,

I believe the steps outlined by Lin in this thread will let you know what you need to know:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-change-data-source-change-dataflow-with-the-same-d...

If not, you can go through these articles to find the right steps to modify the dataflow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-configure-consume

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

PZUDGW
Helper I
Helper I

@collinq,

Unfortunatly this was not the way to solve the problem, but it pointed me in the right direction.

When I added a new table to the dataflow, suddenly the sourcedata was replaced by the right information and the problem was solved!

Thanks for your effort and time!

Gr. PZU

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PZUDGW
Helper I
Helper I

@collinq,

Unfortunatly this was not the way to solve the problem, but it pointed me in the right direction.

When I added a new table to the dataflow, suddenly the sourcedata was replaced by the right information and the problem was solved!

Thanks for your effort and time!

Gr. PZU

im having this issue with a dataset. Can you tell me what you did? 

Sorry to reply this late, but the answer to your question is:

Succes!

PZU

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @PZUDGW ,

I believe that you should check the gateway itself to make sure that the data source is not repeated twice in the gateway.  That is an easy place to remove it.  After that, I would check the report itself in the Data Sources and confirm that you don't have two connections to the exact same place (this is not common but I know it happened some magical way to me once).

Let us know.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @collinq,

In de gateway there is no double data source, I'm sure. It is double in the dataflow. So somewhere I did something to connect twice to the same source. So the dataflow seems to need twice the refference to the same datasource. I think I have to remove it from te dataflow, but I don't know how.

Hi @PZUDGW ,

I believe the steps outlined by Lin in this thread will let you know what you need to know:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-change-data-source-change-dataflow-with-the-same-d...

If not, you can go through these articles to find the right steps to modify the dataflow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-configure-consume

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors