Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to refresh REST API with POST?

Dear All,

We are trying to build reports for Aurea CRM. This is an on-prem CRM, that provides webservices to access the data. These are REST API-s, but unfortunatelly they are using POST method to get the data. I've succesfully created a report for that webservoci in PowerBI desktop, and also i can refresh locally, but after i've published, i cannot add it to the Gateway as a Web "resource". I think the issue is, because the powerbi service tries to get that web resource via GET method, but i cannot see any settings where i could tell that it will be a POST. Could you help me out with these? Any idea would be welcome! See the linked screenshots:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6VZg6M5Mbh7ZQp9bA

Thx,

Gábor

4 REPLIES 4
shuhn1229
Helper III
Helper III

Hi was there any progress here? 

Thanks!

johnwest
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem here. I can refresh the web.content with POST method, but it can't be refreshed by the scheduler.

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Power BI will do a POST if you pass provide Content to the Web.Content call

When you select, "Show details" when adding to the gateway, what does it show?

Also, if you are only using web service calls, you shouldn't have to set up the gateway

It would be nice to see your M code for the query, it may help in troubleshooting

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

thx 4 the reply. Yep I do send the Content. And it makes a POST call from Desktop, that's fine. The problem is, that I cannot set the Web source in PowerBI service as a POST call. It always send the request against the Web source as a GET request and this results a 404 error, so i was not able to configure the gateway.

I used the gateway to the webservice, because i was not sure, whether our company policy allows to publish that webservice to the internet (which was available only in the intranet before).

After several discussion the webserivice was made available to the internet as well and i could get rid of the gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors