Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to publish to web

Hi,

I´ve read about PowerBI Admins, Azure AD, PowerBI Premium, SKUs...

however, I am still confused.

From what I´ve read there are 3 options with PowerBI to publish to people who do not have a PowerBI Pro-Acccount:
- To publish to the web/To give out the whole reports for free
- To get PowerBI Premium with a server of your own for $5000 a month
- To get PowerBI Premium, AzureActiveDirectory and an SKU

Am I wrong/ did I miss an option?

Am I able to publish to web with a trial-account?

If not - is there any way to publish to web which do not incur costs?

Bye

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As I have writen in your other post. 

That feature can be used by a Free (or as you said basic) and Pro User. Both can Publis hto Web reports. The limitation here is that the feature is prevented by default. A Power Bi Admin or Global Admin role in office 365 should change that configuration. That account can login in Power Bi Service site as a Free account (without the trial) and go over the settings symbol on the top right corner -> Tenant Settings. Under tenant settings they can find the generation of embed codes restricted as "only existing ones and can't create new ones". Once they change that to a group in office or the whole company you will be able to Publish to Web with any license.

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. As I have writen in your other post. 

That feature can be used by a Free (or as you said basic) and Pro User. Both can Publis hto Web reports. The limitation here is that the feature is prevented by default. A Power Bi Admin or Global Admin role in office 365 should change that configuration. That account can login in Power Bi Service site as a Free account (without the trial) and go over the settings symbol on the top right corner -> Tenant Settings. Under tenant settings they can find the generation of embed codes restricted as "only existing ones and can't create new ones". Once they change that to a group in office or the whole company you will be able to Publish to Web with any license.

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hello

I am brand new to Power BI and would like step by step procedures on how to enable Publish To web

I just signed up for a free account with Power BI, and I am self employed (just myself) who has a OneDrive for Business account.

So I want to bring my Excel data into Power BI, then I want to add some power query features to the data to produce a report., finally I want to publish it to my web page HTML so my clients can go to the page and work with the report by clicking filter buttons.

Can you help or direct me to a resource where I can find how to, step by step, publish my PowerBI report to my webpage. 

thank you very much

Craig

to followup i went to Admin Portal and it says publish to web is enabled, (see pic below) but then i clicked File and could not find the "publish to web" command.  thanks very much for any assistance for this newbie

publish to web.jpg

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors