Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dslatteryHCA
Frequent Visitor

How to prevent a Service user from removing / renaming an app workspace dataset.

Also want to prevent refresh schedule changes. Users are members (not admins) of a workspace, but can currently see these menu items when clicking on workspace dataset elipse. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dslatteryHCA

By my tests, if you set the Privacy of app workspace with Members can only view Power BI content, then the members could not see the datasets in this app workspace.

privacy.PNG

Members can only see the reports, dashboards and workbook.

result.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

I would suggest testing out the New App Workspaces, in which there are additional user settings which can be used to control if the user is just a reader.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enable-your-team-with-new-workspaces-experiences-preview/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for the reply. I implemented the suggestion and had mixed results. I was able to turn off the ability to schedule refreshes by setting the user as "contributor". But a contributor can still delete (remove) a dataset in an app workspace that the user did not create.

Possibly when the other roles get released it will have the option you need

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors