Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to power drill through filters from a list type slicer

I have two pages in my report:

1. A page on which the user selects a customer account from a list type slicer

2. A second page whereon the user can see displayed various data attributes and visualizations for the selected customer

Issue:  After adding the customer account field as a drill through filter on the target page, I would expect to see "Drillthrough > Drillthrough destination page" when right-clicking on the customer in the list type slicer.  However, that is not happening.  The only option displayed on the right-click menu is "Show data".

Notes: 

A.  The Customer account number field used in the slicer is indeed the same field (from the same table) that I am using as my drill through field on the target page.

B.   I have successfully set up drill through from a pie chart visualization to a drill through target page.

Questions: 

a.  Is it not possible to use a list type slicer as the point of origin for drill through?

b.  If it IS indeed possible to use a list type slicer as the point of origin for drill through, what might I be doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

No. It is not possible to use a list type slicer as the point of origin for drill through. 

If you want the DrillThrough feature, you can add customer account field to table visual instead. Alternatively, to still use the slicer to filter, you can enable the "Sync Slicers" between pages. When you choose a value in slicer on page1, you should manually jump to page2, then, data on page2 will be filtered based on the selected item.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and for confirming I'm not crazy, Yuliana.  

The trouble with using a visualization for customer is that one sales rep may have hundreds of customers, so selecting a customer from a visualization could be physically challenging.  Maybe if I limit the visualization to a "top N" type visualization, it will become more do-able.  

And I'm aware of the "Sync Slicers" functionality and have played with it successfully on some reports.  The DAX selectedvalue() function is also useful on the target page.  

Thanks again for your help...

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors