Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nurulizzaty
Helper I
Helper I

How to open access for organization using link from embed website or portal?

Hello experts,

I published my report in the PBI service and i use the embed report function like picture below.. my question is how do we provide the access for all user in my organization to view my report without having to request access? 

nurulizzaty_0-1657096798303.png

Really need your help on this. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Izzaty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nurulizzaty ,

If you have a large number of users, then sharing reports by creating an app is really the best way.I also highly recommend that you take this approach.

This document has information about the process of creating an app, as well as some considerations. You can refer to it:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nurulizzaty ,

First of all, there are no permission restrictions for using links, you just copy the links to users in your organization and when they open the links, they log in to their power bi accounts to see the reports you have embedded.

But before you do that, you need to make sure that the users who wants to view the report has viewing permission, which you can add to the workspace and set as the viewer

vmengzhumsft_0-1657507402956.png

vmengzhumsft_1-1657507402958.png

and at the same time, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. 

As the following shows:

vmengzhumsft_2-1657507402962.png

For more details, you can refer to this doc:

Embed a report in a secure portal or website - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft thanks for the reply.

Actually I already know the function where we can add user to view the report, but it is not a good practice to add them one by one as we have large number of users. 

So, my only solution is to create app for the report since in app we can select to give access for entire organization, i think that's the best solution for now.

If you have any other solution, feel free to share with me. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Izzaty

Hi @nurulizzaty ,

If you have a large number of users, then sharing reports by creating an app is really the best way.I also highly recommend that you take this approach.

This document has information about the process of creating an app, as well as some considerations. You can refer to it:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors