Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Agapi
Frequent Visitor

How to modify real-time data plot axis on power bi service

I set up a streaming data from senser to power bi service but I want to change the axis in a way the temperature in the x-axis and the timestamp on the y-axis,(pictured below )

sample_tile.jpg

This is a streaming temperature data comes from IoT device in Azure database. The main idea is to plot with in comparison with other plots which are verical time stamp. 

Thanks for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ibendlin ! 

Its is the best solution so far. Thanks alot and appreciate your effort. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Agapi ,

The line chart for real-time data currently only supports fields of the datetime type as the x-axis. As @lbendlin said, you can present your ideas in the power bi ideas.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I am not aware of a visual that would support vertical line charting.   How are these other plots constructed?

Hei Ibendlin. 

Thaks for your reply. The other plots are not power BI. They are geothermal plots with depth( which usually is a vertical plot).  The streaming one is integrated with the software and the history data ploted by Python. both vertical and I wanted the sensor temp will have the same plot to compare with it.

Thanks in Advace 

It's a great idea - you might want to raise it at ideas.powerbi.com .

Not sure if Deneb or Charticulator visuals can do this.

Thanks Ibendlin

I tried both Deneb or Charticulator but they dont have a luxary for changing the axis the way I explained. 

I will update when I found a solution. 

Maybe PBIVizEdit.com is an option?  @Mayank_Yavda 

Edit:  Just tried it and it certainly seems to work

lbendlin_0-1641910335586.png

Note that this requires a registration with them, and payment if you want to use the visual for longer.

Hi @Agapi,

Here, is Multiple vertical Line chart you can create vertical chart with real-time data.

Multiple Vertical Line Chart , PBIVizEdit.comMultiple Vertical Line Chart , PBIVizEdit.comMultiple Vertical Line Chart , PBIVizEdit.comMultiple Vertical Line Chart , PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page,

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/multiple-vertical-line-chart 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks, @lbendlin  for using our tool. You are welcome to share any feedback for our tool.

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

Hi Ibendlin ! 

Its is the best solution so far. Thanks alot and appreciate your effort. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors