Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to manually uninstall On-premises data gateway (personal mode)

Hi,

I uninstalled (or thought I did) On-premises data gateway (personal mode) and when I try to install it again installer says:

"You are trying to reinstall a version already installed on the machine. If you would like to proceed, please uninstall the current version and reinitiate the install."

I am stuck at this point. Is there any way to manually uninstall or clear leftovers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saglamtimur 

Find personal gateway in Control Panel=>Programs and Features , select personal gateway and right click , then Uninstall .

Ailsamsft_0-1647485696604.png

You will get an uninstall page, then follow the steps to uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer, and then go to Control Panel to search for personal gateway. If there is no result, the uninstallation is successful.

Ailsamsft_1-1647485696607.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saglamtimur 

Find personal gateway in Control Panel=>Programs and Features , select personal gateway and right click , then Uninstall .

Ailsamsft_0-1647485696604.png

You will get an uninstall page, then follow the steps to uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer, and then go to Control Panel to search for personal gateway. If there is no result, the uninstallation is successful.

Ailsamsft_1-1647485696607.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the same problem. I cannot open or run the program or uninstall it. When I click uninstall nothing happens. 

MuXx_0-1704395411143.png

I have downloaded the most recent install package and when I try to run that, nothing happens as well. Please help. I have gone into the task manager and ended the background process. I have gone into C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft and deleted the On-premises data gateway (personal mode) folder and restarted and windows reinstalls in on boot.

Please help me get this fixed.

Does it the same for Standard mode?

saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

Yes restarted, nothing changed.

Hi @saglamtimur 

What happens if you look in the control panel can you see any "On-Premise Data Gateway" in the list?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @saglamtimur 

have you restarted the PC/Server?

If you can restart and see if you can then install?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors