Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiguelSaldana77
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to maintain active several acounts in Data gateway Power BI

I need to publish and actualize information from  3 or more different users to each personal Work Area in Power BI Services, How can I do this ?

MiguelSaldana77_0-1647966503439.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MiguelSaldana77 ,

The first thing to make clear is that the data for report can only come from one dataset. We then need to create a dataset that contains three or more data sources.

The first is to create a model in desktop that contains three data sources. Then when you publish the service, set up three gateways in the settings of the dataset in the gateway connection, these three gateways need to be in the same cluster, that is, the three users need to install the gateways on their own computers.

Plan, scale, and maintain a business-critical gateway solution | Microsoft Docs

vchenwuzmsft_0-1648202184135.png

Or dataflow works with linked table . But this also needs three gateways.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Are you trying to set up data sources for different users? If yes, you can create different data sources for every account in the gateway settings, and assign them to specific accounts

Tutu_in_YYC_1-1647975703431.png

Thank you very much for the advice, I think I'm very close to the solution. A variant of this configuration is that I need to give permissions to accounts that do not belong to my domain, therefore I had to register accounts from another domain to collaborate within my domain and that is how I was able to assign the accounts to this origin of data, but still does not recognize the data source. Do you know what else I'm leaving out?

Configura_Puerta_Enlace.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors