cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to limit users so they can only view the workbook but not the report

I have a workbook which shows some transformed data but I don't want users of the workbook to be able to see/edit the report and hence have access to the untransformed data. Is this possible?

I saw this post from 2016 http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Limit-users-ability-to-view-reports-dashboard-access-only/m-... which touches on the matter but wondered if anything had been updated since?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to limit users so they can only view the workbook but not the report

@Anonymous There actually has been an update in January that will help. You can now hide tabs from users that you just share with. Details in the January blog - here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to limit users so they can only view the workbook but not the report

Thank you @Seth_C_Bauer - that's useful for hiding other report pages that aren't relevant but doesn't quite solve my issue.

I only want the user to be able to access the workbook and don't want the user to be able to access any of the associated reports - I can't hide the report pages (as you can't hide the report page when there is only one page) and don't seem to be able to set different access levels.

Is there any way to publish the reports e.g. into my own workspace and then create a dashboard in the shared app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.