Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ramendra
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to implement attached data updated date and time in report page

Hi Teams,

How  to include the below date  and time from any report to  report  pages  in card  view.

Currently I  can see this only when I open my report in power BI service via web browser in upper mid header.

data  updated.jpg

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramendra ,

Create a calculated clomun in your table as below.

Column = NOW()

Then we need to create a measure and add the measure to card visual.

measure = Measure = MAX(Sheet1[Column])

Once we refresh the dataset, the card visual will show the refresh time just like the update date on report.

2.PNG

3.PNG

The calculated column can't be added to card visual so we need to create a measure to get the column value.

And we can't directlly use measure because the measure value will be changed once the page is refreshed instead of the dataset be changed.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ramendra,

Yes, PowerBI now() shows UTC time only, if you want to have Local TimeZone you need to modify the formula as +(5.5/24) for IST, also for more details can refer to the below link - https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

BR,

- Pavan M.

Hi @Ramendra ,

Yes, you need do this on Power BI Desktop and republish to Power BI Service if you changed the data format.

Let's say Power BI Desktop focuses on creation and editing, Power BI Service focuses on display and sharing.

Best Regards,

Jay

7 REPLIES 7
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramendra ,

Create a calculated clomun in your table as below.

Column = NOW()

Then we need to create a measure and add the measure to card visual.

measure = Measure = MAX(Sheet1[Column])

Once we refresh the dataset, the card visual will show the refresh time just like the update date on report.

2.PNG

3.PNG

The calculated column can't be added to card visual so we need to create a measure to get the column value.

And we can't directlly use measure because the measure value will be changed once the page is refreshed instead of the dataset be changed.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Jay, But in power BI service this methond will  always show UTC time. But I want to show this in IST time Zone  only.

Can you help with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ramendra,

Yes, PowerBI now() shows UTC time only, if you want to have Local TimeZone you need to modify the formula as +(5.5/24) for IST, also for more details can refer to the below link - https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

BR,

- Pavan M.

@Anonymous : Hi, Thanks for suggestion. Can you please help me how to change this refresh date format for example-
if refresh date and time in card is visible as 6/4/2020 12:06:22 PM then I want to see this as 4 Jun 2020 12:06:22 PM

Hi @Ramendra ,

Select the column/measure and you will find format feature under column tools/measure tools.

7.PNG

8.PNG

9.PNG

You can change the format to what you want.

Best Regards,

Jay

@v-jayw-msft  : Hi This do not work in card visual in power BI service.

I want to see desired date format in card visual in power BI service.

Hi @Ramendra ,

Yes, you need do this on Power BI Desktop and republish to Power BI Service if you changed the data format.

Let's say Power BI Desktop focuses on creation and editing, Power BI Service focuses on display and sharing.

Best Regards,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors