Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dancarr22
Helper V
Helper V

How to identify table size in Power BI Pro Service? We are > 1 GB which is breaking model.

Hello,

We are Power BI PRo users.  We have a data model that suddenly surpassed the max 1GB size.

The data model has multiple tables.  How can we find out which one (or several) tables are most responsible for surpassing the size limit?

Are there any diagnostic tools available in Pro to help with this?  Realize there are tools in Premium but we are not Premium clients and it is a big jump in $.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks - found these tools to help - per your reply.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/data-model-size-with-vertipaq-analyzer/

Closing ticket - thanks for your help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You can view your dataset size on Power BI Service->Setting->Manage personal storage:

2.jpg

35.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Thanks @v-gizhi-msft (Giotto)

I should have been clearer in my description - I can see that value for the entire dataset/data model.  But, I need to know the size of the individual tables within the dataset so I know which I need to filter down more to get below 1GB.   How do I get this more granular detail?

Thanks,

Dan 

Hi,

There is no such function on Power BI Service.

And i think you can download the pbix file and try to use DAX Studio to show each table's size.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Thanks - found these tools to help - per your reply.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/data-model-size-with-vertipaq-analyzer/

Closing ticket - thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors