Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akkapolki

How to hide "Report level filters" for some field on web?

I created page and added "Report level filters" for field: FirstName and hided it by setting "Hide in report view" as picture:

1.png

After publishing to web, the "Report level filters" for field: FirstName is not hide as picture:

How to hide it? Is it possible?

2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@akkapolki You are using the column as a Report Level filter, so it will always show up in the filters. There is no way currently to hide filters.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
descon
Regular Visitor

If the report filter should not be visible, one way to do this is to push the filter down to the query. For example, if I wish to only display data for which Country=Canada, I can add this in the query. It will be added as a 'Filtered Rows' step.

@akkapolki You are using the column as a Report Level filter, so it will always show up in the filters. There is no way currently to hide filters.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the response - any idea if this is a planned feature? Seems trivial yet powerful.

Possible turn around:
- Create a new page
- add the filters and synchronize them with all the pages of the report
- hide this page

This way we can hide the Slicers but if we apply a filter using a column it starts appearing in the filters on the right hand side and user can see all the other values. Is there a better solution to hide the filters from the user?

Thanks for this tip. How do I synchronize teh filters for the different pages?

Open "View" tab on top, select box with "Sync slicers", choose the filter You want to synchronize and mark only filter column (with funnel), leaving "eye" unmarked.

@Seth_C_Bauer Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors