Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sebastiaan99
Frequent Visitor

How to hide navigation bar in full screen view Power BI Service

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to hide the grey navigation bar when viewing a power bi report full screen.

I come across some examples where the grey bar is present in full screen mode, like these

https://excellab.at/kununu-bewertungen/

Image 1.jpg

But I also come across examples where there is NO grey navigation bar in full screen mode. Like here:

https://innovatienul13.nl/monitoring/overzicht-locaties/

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-11 om 12.10.23.jpg

Can anyone explain how this was done and therefore clarify how to hide this grey navigation bar?

I already tried to hide all pages in my report and use only in-report navigation. And I also reduced my report to a single page. It all doesn't seem to make a difference in the appearance of the grey navigation bar in full screen view mode.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Sebastiaan99 

Both of your examples have the grey navigation bar, it's just that on the second example

The grey navigation bar is only seen after you click on the fullscreen arrow at bottom right twice once to fill the screen and once again to get the grey bar.

Burningsuit_0-1634210985544.png

The is because the first example has allowFullScreen="true" in the html Iframe that embeds the report into the web page. In this case the used sees the grey navigation bar as soon as they click fullscreen on bottom right.

The second example does not have allowFullScreen="true" in the html Iframe that embeds the report into the web page. In this case the user only sees the grey navigation bar if they click twice on the full screen icon on bottom right.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

(who has spent far too much time following this one down the rabbit hole, but hey, it's better than working!)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shaky_

Hey,

I didn't find any good solutions until I stumbled on this one. Using the embed link, just toss this to the end of it and it will provide you with a report that is missing the whole bottom bar and gives you a nice clean look:

&navContentPaneEnabled=false

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Sebastiaan99 

Both of your examples have the grey navigation bar, it's just that on the second example

The grey navigation bar is only seen after you click on the fullscreen arrow at bottom right twice once to fill the screen and once again to get the grey bar.

Burningsuit_0-1634210985544.png

The is because the first example has allowFullScreen="true" in the html Iframe that embeds the report into the web page. In this case the used sees the grey navigation bar as soon as they click fullscreen on bottom right.

The second example does not have allowFullScreen="true" in the html Iframe that embeds the report into the web page. In this case the user only sees the grey navigation bar if they click twice on the full screen icon on bottom right.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

(who has spent far too much time following this one down the rabbit hole, but hey, it's better than working!)

@Burningsuit how can i figure allowfulscreen="true" in html 

Sebastiaan99
Frequent Visitor

Both reports were published to web, using a public link. That still doesn't explain why one published report is showing a gray navigation bar in full screen mode and the other not.

Sebastiaan99
Frequent Visitor

@Fowmy 

As far as I can see, both reports were shared using a Publish to Web option. Can you explain how that makes the difference between both reports in showing / not showing this grey navigation bar?

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Sebastiaan99 

If you are sharing as Publish to Web, the "allowFullscreen" is an attribute of Iframe which you can set to False. Otherwise, there is no option to hide it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Fowmy 

I see what you mean, but the question is not about hiding the full screen option.

If you look carefully to both screen images you see there is an entire navigation bar missing in the second image. And both reports are in full screen mode at that time. You can see for yourself by following the url's.

Now the question is, how did the second one manage to get rid of this grey navigation bar completely? 

@Sebastiaan99 

As mentioned before, it was a Public link, that report was shared using Publish to Web option

Fowmy_0-1633982652454.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Both reports were in the same way published to web and both are being viewed through a public link. As there is no difference between both reports at this point, it cannot explain why one report has a grey navigation bar in full screen mode and the other not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors