Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mogry
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to handle many reports in a workspace on Power BI Service

Hello everybody!

My thread is how to handle many reports and dashboards in a workspace on Power BI Service.

We have an "analysis portal" which contains many reports and dashboards for different topics in this portal. At the moment 15 reports an 5 Dashboards. We will put content of two more workspaces in this workspace "analysis portal". We will have 50 reports and 10 Dashboard, growing,

The problem here is the overview and navigation for all the people which are using this workspace, because there is only the overview/navigation on the left side of Power BI Service and the workspace itself. There is no way to structure this or use a content based hierarchy. Does someone knows if something like this is planned? I can´t imagine that we are the only people which are facing this "problem". It would nice to set an own hierarchy (f.e. like in OneNote with Books, Pages, Chapters).

Different workspaces is not an option because everything should be in one workspace, the analysis portal. It would be great if it would be possible to create more than one app for a workspace. Then someone would be able to create different apps about different topics for different audiences.

My solution so far is a navigation using dashboards. Starting with a main dashboard with the main topics of the analysis portal you can click back and forth using text/pictures tiles to dig deeper in that portal. But a complete overview is missing in this scenario. And an extra "painted" overview is not an option.

I´d like to know if someone already faced the same problem or knows if there is anything planned to improve the constellation of large workspaces.

Best,

Mogry

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mogry,

As you said, current power bi not contains any features to achieve analysis portal. You can only use custom links or bookmark to redirect to different contexts.

I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for your requirement to help power bi more humane. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors