Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BBIUser
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to give 'VIEW' only access to members with the New Workspaces (preview) in Power BI Service?

Hi,

The New Workspaces (preview) has only the Admins, Members and Contributors roles which does not provide an option for View Only. 

Is there an option to provide the 'Members can only view Power BI content' in the New Workspaces (preview) like the old App Workspace interface?? 

Any other alternatives, if this is not available in the New Workspaces (preview)??

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As per the preview documentation the Viewer Role will become available when it goes GA (Generally Available)

As an alternative for now, you could share the information via the App

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BBIUser,

From this document

• Read-only workspaces: Instead of granting users read-only access to a workspace, you'll assign users to a forthcoming Viewer role, which allows similar read-only access to the content in a workspace.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BBIUser,

From this document

• Read-only workspaces: Instead of granting users read-only access to a workspace, you'll assign users to a forthcoming Viewer role, which allows similar read-only access to the content in a workspace.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good to know and thanks for sharing the idea @GilbertQ and @v-yulgu-msft

Glad you found that it will work for you and you have a better understanding!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As per the preview documentation the Viewer Role will become available when it goes GA (Generally Available)

As an alternative for now, you could share the information via the App

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS is not working when we try to share the app using the New Workspace (preview) for the created group. Is there another way to solve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors