Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

How to get updated organizational content pack with personalize copy

Hello,

Quick question, I'm contect pack owner and my users are using organizstion content pack. One of my use has persnoalized copy of content pack. Since then I made some changes to contant pack and my user is getting message "A new version of the "Coportate KPIs" content pack is available which seems to be the expect behaviour. My question here is how a user can update content pack (not personalized one) since I don't see any update option.

Thanks,

Parv

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

5 REPLIES 5

If your users get that message they need to get the content pack again.

The thing is that every dashboard, report and source is dubplicated. One version from the content pack and one version of the user self.

Hope this will help.

"Please click the Accept as Solution if this resolves your issue; if it did not resolve your issue, provide more information on what happened instead.".

Thanks wouterzijlstra,

Yes they need to get the new update, question is how?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the link but I don't think it address my issue. It shows the update from content pack owner point of view but not for the user on how to update content pack which user is already using. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I would like to know also that when I get the message 

"A New Version of X Content Pack is Available" hwo do I update it?

Thanks,

Roomi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors