Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PeterAm
Frequent Visitor

How to get a list of all apps within my tenant ?

Hi All,

For one of my customer, I'm using PowerShell Module MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt to do some management. Retrieving information about Reports, Dashboard ...

And I'm tring to retrieve all informations about Apps.

When using  this command "$ListApps= Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url 'apps' -Method Get" , I can only have informations about Installed apps with my user even if the user is Tenant Admin.

1. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong

2. Or is there another way to achieve this goal

3. Or just not possible ..

Thanks a lot for your help

5 REPLIES 5
DWINN
Regular Visitor

In case someone comes looking for this
v-piga-msft was close ( samepage ) try GetAppsAsAdmin
Here's the example from the link
https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/admin/apps?$top=10

mbjerggaard

Was this ever solved?

I am currently trying to get a list of all the apps and as far as i can tell there doesn't seem to be a command in the rest api?

Only existing for workspaces

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PeterAm ,

If I understand your sceanrio correctly that you want to get all the information of the app in the tenant?

You could have a reference of this api Admin - Groups GetGroupsAsAdmin.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-piga-msft 

Thank you for your response.

Actually, what I really want to do is to get the list of Apps created, Apps (App Workspaces Apps ) Installed and I want to know how many reports are included in each app.

I saw your answer with  Admin - Groups GetGroupsAsAdmin. But this command is only for Workspaces right ? Or Am i getting something wrong.

My user is a Tenant Admin. 

With this command : "Get-PowerBIWorkspace -Scope Organization -All" ==> it works perfectly !!!

But I get an error with this : "Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url "admin/groups" -Method Get | ConvertFrom-Json"

So Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe the only way to make it work, is to register an app.

But anyway, what I really want to do is to get for my Tenant :

- The list of installed Apps

- The list of created Apps

- The list of report or dashboard of an App (what is possible with this  Apps - Get Dashboards )

Thank you in advance if you have further information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeterAm were you ever able to find a solution to this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors