Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qtsweeney35
Frequent Visitor

How to get a Powerbi app to show on the PowerBI App store?

I have an application I built for a learning course. It's all public and dummy data (no RLS) that microsoft have provided, as there is no need to protect it. I'm looking to have my users search in the app store and find my app easily so they can follow along. 

I have set up my app to install automatically, but im stumpped on how to get the whole application to pop-up on the available "PowerBI Apps". Any thoughts to get this accomplished? 

qtsweeney35_0-1675663777202.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

To get your Power BI app to show up in the Power BI App store, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Publish your report: Publish the report that you want to include in your app to the Power BI Service.

2. Create an app workspace: Create an app workspace in the Power BI Service where you will package your report as an app.

3. Package your report as an app: From the app workspace, select the report you want to package as an app and click on "Publish app". Fill in the required information, such as app name, app description, and the workspace that the app should be published to.

4. Submit your app to the Power BI App store: Once you have packaged your report as an app, you can submit it to the Power BI App store. You will need to provide a logo, screenshots, and other information to help users discover your app.

5. Get approval: After you submit your app, it will go through a review process to ensure it meets the Power BI App store guidelines. You will be notified if your app is approved or if any changes are required.

6. Launch your app: Once your app is approved, it will be published in the Power BI App store and available for users to discover and install.

Note: In order to be listed in the Power BI App store, your app must comply with the Power BI app certification requirements and must not contain any sensitive information or data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

To get your Power BI app to show up in the Power BI App store, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Publish your report: Publish the report that you want to include in your app to the Power BI Service.

2. Create an app workspace: Create an app workspace in the Power BI Service where you will package your report as an app.

3. Package your report as an app: From the app workspace, select the report you want to package as an app and click on "Publish app". Fill in the required information, such as app name, app description, and the workspace that the app should be published to.

4. Submit your app to the Power BI App store: Once you have packaged your report as an app, you can submit it to the Power BI App store. You will need to provide a logo, screenshots, and other information to help users discover your app.

5. Get approval: After you submit your app, it will go through a review process to ensure it meets the Power BI App store guidelines. You will be notified if your app is approved or if any changes are required.

6. Launch your app: Once your app is approved, it will be published in the Power BI App store and available for users to discover and install.

Note: In order to be listed in the Power BI App store, your app must comply with the Power BI app certification requirements and must not contain any sensitive information or data.

Thank you @MAwwad for the thoughtful response. 

Im on step 4 - is there a link to offically submit to the app store? I'm not seeing in anywhere in the service, and I also have a Pro account - not sure if that matters. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors