Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kerry_M
Helper I
Helper I

How to format the REFRESH time in a pinned tile on a dashboard to show DATE

I have an App in our PowerBI Service that shows tiles from a number of different corporate reports. These reports are typically updated once a month at different times during the month. I have turned on the "Display last refresh time" setting on each tile but the format of the last refresh is different depending on whether it is a pinned visual or a pinned report page.
Pinned Visuals show REFRESHED: Fri 10:41:21

(which is useless as I don't know which Friday they are referring to - currently these tiles are more than 3 weeks old).
Pinned Report Pages show REFRESHED: 7/6/2022 6:00:23 PM

(much more complete and useful information)

Is there any way I can format that refresh time on the pinned visuals to let me know what date they were actually refreshed?

in one place. Each

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kerry_M ,

I also did a test and found the same situation as you, I think it should be caused by the different contents of the tile and page report refresh when refreshing, the report is refreshing the dataset, and the tile refresh is the visual in the report, so it will lead to the difference in their time.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
I have tried to find the relevant settings, but did not find, perhaps you can put forward your ideas in this link:Ideas (powerbi.com)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kerry_M
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for identifying the cause of the issue and for posting it to the ideas page. This is very helpful for me as now that I know the problem is not about the way I set up my reports.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kerry_M ,

According to your description, you mentioned a difference in the format of the refresh time display for visuals and full page reports, so I did the same test. As the following shows:

vmengzhumsft_0-1659341673405.jpeg

The first is Pinned Visual, which shows “  8/1/2022, time”, and the second is pinned report page, which also shows the same format of date.

That said, my test does not seem to be similar to yours, so perhaps you could briefly describe your steps so I can compare them to see what the differences are.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you for trying it out.

I am still having the problem that pinned visuals from reports show TIME while pinned pages from reports show DATE. But now I have noticed something else: the time that is showing for the pinned visuals is the APP UPDATE time (the time at which I updated the APP) rather than the REPORT update time.

I updated all the reports yesterday and today I tried unpinning and repinning some of the visuals in the APP to see if I could get the date to appear. Instead all the pinned visuals now show ""Refreshed: A Minute Ago" whereas all the pinned report pages show the correct date upon which the report was updated.

Here is a pinned visual (this report visual was updated yesterday - not 11 minutes ago. But the APP was updated 11 minutes ago)

Kerry_M_1-1659559059511.png

Here is a pinned report page (this report was updated 7/28/2022 as is shown)

Kerry_M_2-1659559171684.png

Hi @Kerry_M ,

I also did a test and found the same situation as you, I think it should be caused by the different contents of the tile and page report refresh when refreshing, the report is refreshing the dataset, and the tile refresh is the visual in the report, so it will lead to the difference in their time.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
I have tried to find the relevant settings, but did not find, perhaps you can put forward your ideas in this link:Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors