Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edhans
Super User
Super User

How to find which "scheduled refresh has been paused"

I got this email today.

We’ve paused scheduled refresh for Admin Usage Model in the D143A7F3-73FD-4FDC-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX workspace due to inactivity.

I changed the data, but you get the point. How am I supposed to find where this is? We have a lot of Groups, and I've no recollection of even writing a "Admin Usage Model" report. There doesn't seem to be any way to search for report or for workspaces by its GUID or whatever that string is.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @edhans,

The free Power BI account with Pro trial can't open the support ticket for free. They must pay for the ticket. Until now, support ticket a free service for Power BI pro account.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

KellyDittmar
Helper II
Helper II

Adding to this some knowledge that I received from Microsoft today:

1) Try to naviagate to the URL of the group: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/D143A7F3-73FD-4FDC-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/contentlist & see if it comes up. If it does - that's the group. 

2) The workspace name should be mentioned in all emails now rather than the GUID. 

3) When the GUID is what appears here - odds are good it could be related to a workspace which has been deleted. Reports in deleted workspaces still will send this message. The files in the deleted workspace are automatically removed after 90 days. 

Hope this is helpful to someone! 🙂 

Kelly

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KellyDittmar
Helper II
Helper II

Adding to this some knowledge that I received from Microsoft today:

1) Try to naviagate to the URL of the group: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/D143A7F3-73FD-4FDC-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/contentlist & see if it comes up. If it does - that's the group. 

2) The workspace name should be mentioned in all emails now rather than the GUID. 

3) When the GUID is what appears here - odds are good it could be related to a workspace which has been deleted. Reports in deleted workspaces still will send this message. The files in the deleted workspace are automatically removed after 90 days. 

Hope this is helpful to someone! 🙂 

Kelly

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @edhans,

There is a feature which is intend to reduce the number of refreshes on the PBI cluster. When a dataset is considered inactive, you will receive similar email. There is note in the article:

Note: After two months of inactivity, scheduled refresh on your dataset is paused. A dataset is considered inactive when no user has visited any dashboard or report built on the dataset. At that time, the dataset owner is sent an email indicating the scheduled refresh is paused, and the refresh schedule for the dataset is displayed as disabled. To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

In addition, if you use gateway to configure refresh, please check the refresh log and view if there is important message. The event log usually locates in C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log. More details, please review: Troubleshooting the On-Premises Data Gateway.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I understand all of that @v-huizhn-msft, but as far as I can tell, none of that provides me with a secret decoder ring to convert D143A7F3-73FD-4FDC-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX to a group name so I can find whatever report this is that has been paused.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hi @edhans,

Due to we have no power to check your own data background. Please create a support ticket on the right bottom of this page. So professional people can check your data and confirm which report is paused.

Best Regards,
Angelia 

It won't let me. When I click on the support ticket link, it says I need to sign up for Pro. I am already a pro user. When I sign in, it takes me to my Power BI service portal. When I click the Help icon in the upper right, it simply says:

Looks like you haven't subscribed to Power BI Pro

Did you know that Power BI Pro users always get fast, free support?

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Edit: I am our Office 365 Admin too, so it isn't a rights issue.

Hi @edhans,

First, when you click "create a support ticket", you will get the page below.

1.PNG
Then, please search your issue and check if there are any similar threads.

2.PNG

Finally, on the botton, please create a new ticket.

3.png

Best Regards,
Angelia

I don't get that when I click "Create a support ticket" it says I don't have a Power BI Pro license and to buy one.

Perhaps it is because I am one of those few when I signedup for Power BI Pro on the 30 day trial it got converted to the 1 year free trial, and the support mechanism doesn't support people on the free Power BI Pro trial?

We have paying licensees in the company, and I will pay when my trial runs out, but I still have 253 days left according to my Power BI Pro portal.

Hi @edhans,

The free Power BI account with Pro trial can't open the support ticket for free. They must pay for the ticket. Until now, support ticket a free service for Power BI pro account.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks. that is a shame. I have the 1 year free trial - me and I think 2 others in our org. Others are already paying for the full license - they had the 30 day trials.

I cannot see paying at least $70 to cut my free trial short to get the "free" support though. Not for this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors