Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jatneerjat
Helper V
Helper V

How to filter tiles on a dashboard in power BI service

Hi,

I have 2 visuals in a power bi desktop report page and a date slicer to filter this visuals but due to size issue I created a new page and add one visual in it.so now i have two page in which one have a visual and date slicer and other have a single visual.After publishing the report to service I added this visuals as a tile in dashboard but when i filter by date then only one visual get filtered and not the other so how can i filter all the tiles on a dashboard by a single filter.

Thanks,

Jat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jatneerjat,

It is a by design behavior that the slicer can only filter those visuals that are displayed on the same page. If you pin two report pages to dashboard as two tiles, the slicer selection won't affect the other one.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SOberschelp
Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this? How to filter multiple dashboard tiles for example on common dimensions like date?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jatneerjat,

Please be aware that:

It is not available to pin slicer to dashboard.

The pinned visual displayed on dashboard won't be filtered by the slicer selection displayed on source report page.

As a workaround, you could pin entire report page which contains slicer to your dashboard by selecting "Pin Live Page". This way, you can use the slicer to filter all tiles within the same report page.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana Gu

I tried your work around, but it is not working.

when I alter my slicers after "Pin Live Page", only the slicer changes, and it does not impact any tiles

In my Desktop, when I alter the slicer, all of the visuals are updated on the other pages

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thanks for your response.

I did exactly the same by pin entire report page to my dashboard but as i have multiple visuals so the visuals look very small in size so i distribute this visuals into two pages and then pin them as a tile on dashboard but the problem is only one tile gets filtered by my date filter(the page in which it is available) and not the other.so how can i show this visuals in desired size on dashboard and all visuals should be filterd by date filter.

Thanks,

Jat

Hi @jatneerjat,

It is a by design behavior that the slicer can only filter those visuals that are displayed on the same page. If you pin two report pages to dashboard as two tiles, the slicer selection won't affect the other one.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

That acctually beats the purpose of dashboard where you can present visualization/info from different pages and filter tiles quickly (assuming that your slicers on each page are in 'Sync' mode). What's the point of dashboard where you need to customize every single tile while you can can quicker jump between pages with sync slicers accross pages.

I'm just starting out with the Service, after upgrading to Pro recently.  I had assumed the Dashboard would do exactly what you're asking for - I want a place where customers can go and see current month data summaries from several reports.  It seems that can't be done at the dashboard level, so I'm going to create a 'report of reports' and pin that single page as a dashboard.  I guess that'll do the trick?

Thank You @v-yulgu-msft 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors