Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhanunadendla
Frequent Visitor

How to export few/selected tabs from Power BI web to PPT or PDF?

Is there any option to export fewer/selective tabs from web to PDF/PPT.

I am using March 2020 version and I still don't see any option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @bhanunadendla 

As metioned by @vanessafvg , if you have access to edit your report , you can hide the page and save it before  you export it to PDF\PPT( exclude hidden report tabs) in PowerBI Service.

59.png 

60.png

62.png

In addition,  you  also can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @bhanunadendla @vanessafvg 

Here's the solution. BI Helper bihelper.tech automates the generation of  PDF / PPTX reports from Power BI (Pro and Premium), with slicers and filters applied either in batch mode or at runtime. Our implementation bypasses the limitations of the Power BI API endpoints. 

In BI Helper, you can select pages to print, schedule and generate multi-page PDF / PPTX reports and email them to your users. Our clients routinely run hundreds of reports of up to 30 pages each, with the process fully automated from report generation to delivery. 

BI Helper is simple to configure and use with your Power BI reports and dashboards. It is secure and scalable and we offer a 14 day free trial. Test it out and let us know how it works. 

Kiran Hosakote

BI Helper

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @bhanunadendla 

As metioned by @vanessafvg , if you have access to edit your report , you can hide the page and save it before  you export it to PDF\PPT( exclude hidden report tabs) in PowerBI Service.

59.png 

60.png

62.png

In addition,  you  also can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did Vote to existing Idea.

thank you,

Bhanu

Hi @v-easonf-msft Isn't this impact other users that are looking at the report?

Also, we don't want to give edit accesst to all users who want's to export few tabs. 

Problem statemet:

our power bi report has 8 tabs/sheets. To exprot all 8 tabs into PPT  its taking very long time. 

There are users who cares about all 8 tabs

There are users who cares about 2 or 3 tabs. This user group end up spending lot of time in exporting all 8 tabs which takes huge time.

having a way to export selected tabs would be great feature so that user can pic and choose.

thank you,

Bhanu

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

if you hide a page it wont export, but that is in the desktop.  Otherwise you could output to power point, remove the pages you dont want and then export to pdf.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

thank you for your respnce and thats what we are doing but its taking loit of time to export to PPT and remove un wanted slides. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors