Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to enable schedule refresh with ODATA endpoint

Hi all,

I have created a PBI report with PBI desktop. When I publish it to POWER BI service, I realize the scheduled refresh choice is disabled.

How do I enable it?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I think you are working on datasource that from dynamic databases, right? Current power bi does not support this scenario.

For 'scheduled refresh', it requires you to configure correspond datasource(static) with same data structure as your report used.

I'd like to suggest adding new web service access remote servers and receive result records, then you can use power bi invoke this static service to get data from dynamic remote servers without waiting and receiving the responses of dynamic remote servers.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I'm working on datasource that from dynamic databases. With ODATA endpoint v8.2(the previous version), I was able to do schedule refresh daily. Now I'm using the latest ODATA endpoint v9.1.

May I know is the version update affecting schedule refresh?

"it requires you to configure correspond datasource(static) with same data structure as your report used" -- for dynamics 365 the data structure is the same, there's no change. The changes are data values. "adding new web service access" -- I thought ODATA endpoint is considered the official web service to pull dynamics data. Other than this what web service shall I use?

Sorry I'm still quite confused.

Hi @Anonymous,

As you said, current power bi not able to enable scheduled refresh on this type of data source. For this scenario, I'd recommend you add a common 'web service' to invoke 'OData endpoint' service on that remote server.
You can invoke above 'service' by web.connecor and it will be updated hourly on the service side if you finish configure its data credentials.

Data refresh in Power BI#accessing-cloud-data-sources 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors