Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smjzahid
Helper V
Helper V

How to enable PPU (Premium Per User) Preview feature for Shared Capacities Users

Hi All

My Company is on a shared capacity (meaning everyone uses PRO Licence) to share and collaborate on reports and dashboards.

I serve as a PBI Service Administrator, As per Microsoft's recent announcement of PPU (Premium Per User) preview period, (PPU is available free of charge while in Preview).

Is this even available for shared capacity users, or (PPU) is only meant for company's/businesses already on PREMIUM capacity.

When I go to my ADMIN Portal to check if this can be activated, It just throw this message.

Any idea how to make use of PPU during the preview period, please 

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, the option in the admin portal will not be shown until you upgraded your license and switched on premium per user for a workspace in the workspace settings, see https://www.mmertens.eu/2021/01/configuration-of-power-bi-premium-per-user/

verbani007
Frequent Visitor

I'm also experiencing the same issue. When looking at the Premium per user tab in the power BI admin portal, it still says that it is not available.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @smjzahid 

Can you experience the Premium Per User feature now? The Microsoft document says the PPU will be featured out to all regions from the first week of December, and expect it to be fully deployed by December 12th. I can see the PPU in use now in my tenant which is not in premium capacity, you can also go to take a look if it’s in use in your tenant.

v-robertq-msft_0-1607563762277.png

Here’s the newest document about PPU:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/full-report-attachment-for-subscriptions-for-power-bi-premi...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @smjzahid 

Here are details on how to enable it via Office 365 Admin Portal 

Power BI Premium per user public preview now available | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power B...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors