Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

How to download data from a published public embedded report?

I have a public report published on the web using power bi service. How can I download/export a table on that report into a CSV/Excel file?

I changed the export settings to download summarized and underlying data

This link talks about sharing it with specific people but that is not my requirement. 

This forum has been amazing for me but no one really seems to have an answer for this. Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
mgugusk

If someone found a way maybe you could share with us? Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is not possible to download data from Power BI service. You have to download .pbix file and export data in the Power BI desktop.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @anansrivastava 

If you open the public link to view the report, the report data cannot be exported
If the user is the owner of the report or the user has access to the workspace where the report is located, or the recipient opens the report through a sharing link within the organization, you can use the Analyze in Excel to export the underlying data.

v-angzheng-msft_0-1623733077002.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rakesh_js
Frequent Visitor

Hi @anansrivastava ,

please go through the below link will usefull.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

Thank you very Much

Hi @rakesh_js 

Thank you but that is not what I am looking for. I have been through that link before. What I would request for is a hack/solution to downloading data from published reports.

Helo @anansrivastava 

I am also having the same problem and looking for a solution. Did you successfully find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors