Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How to display direct connect on TV?

I have a direct connect report that I want to display on a tv. The data source updates every 15 minutes.

I can't figure out a way to show the update without reloading the webpage. Is there a better way?

What's the best way to display this data on a TV? We've considered AppleTV, Chromecase, Android stick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
simplimitch
Regular Visitor

The proper supported way to have this happen is to pin the tiles you want to a dashboard.

Dashboards automatically refresh with the data refresh where reports don't.

We have multiple clients doing this currently on TV's hooked up to Intel Computer Sticks.

From our testing ChromeCast, Android Stick's web browsers have had bugs taht stopped it from being viable.  We last tested them about 4 months ago.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
simplimitch
Regular Visitor

The proper supported way to have this happen is to pin the tiles you want to a dashboard.

Dashboards automatically refresh with the data refresh where reports don't.

We have multiple clients doing this currently on TV's hooked up to Intel Computer Sticks.

From our testing ChromeCast, Android Stick's web browsers have had bugs taht stopped it from being viable.  We last tested them about 4 months ago.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors