Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavePBI
Frequent Visitor

How to display PBI reports, dashboards or Apps on TV screen as slideshow - holistic view

Hi All,

I have a frequently reoccuring question and see a lot of people have that issue but do see a bits and pieces but find it hard to get a holistic complete view om this topic. I actually find it realy strange that PBI does not have this as top priority to fix and make it easy as in my humble view this is a topic that a lot of people and business face and it is in the interest of Microsoft also that PBI reports, dashboards and Apps are shared and made visible to others. I think 'sharing topic' is well-covered, but showing a slideshow on TV screen is a great miss at the moment. I would love to get some guidance or support here. I see comments that you can do this with Chromcast and Intel compute stick, but would be great to have a matrix overview of what is possible/not possible with these solutions and what cost are. There are also solutions like PowerBI Robots, ScreenCloud, etc.... but these are more premium solutions that are expensive for smaller businesses.  

So if you want to share your PBI reports, dashboard and App on a TV screens in slideshow mode....what solutions are there that work well and are cost effective? I personally would be enthousiastic with a solution for a slideshow mode for a published App as that gives more flexibility with combining data from different type of datasets you run into a single created slideshow. 

In addition does anyone know if this is on development roadmap for MS PBI? 

Thanks in advance for your support and feedback. Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DavePBI ,

Please check if this is what you want:

Enhancing presentation mode with slideshow in Windows Power BI app.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DavePBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi Icey,

Thanks for your reply, appreciated!

Yes I have seen that article already. It is the other Microsoft PowerBi App that only works if people are working in a Windows environment and it is still only a small solution for displaying PBI Reports, it does not have ability to do the job of slideshow for Apps or multiple dashboard combined as far as I have read. So allows less flexibility especially if you want to use multiple screens with different slides. If they would open this solution also for Apps to be able to slideshow that it would be a step in the right direction, but that is not the case as Maya Shenhav wrote. @mshenhav  Maya do you have any further insights here?

Hey @DavePBI ,

We do have plans to add more capabilities to slideshow feature, and we are looking for feedback from our community on that.

Can you please add yours to our UserVoice site (https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939).

This helps us shape and prioritize our plans.

Thanks, Maya

Hi Maya,

Thanks and I will do that. I have added it as new idea https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/40079137-display-pbi-reports-dash...

Any idea on timing what timing looks like on such processes for the roadmap. I have clients now that want this right now. Any ideas for intermediate solutions....? @mshenhav  Thx again. Dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors