cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power BI Team LanceDelano
Power BI Team

Re: How to disable the automatic inline hierarchy???

The work on this is progressing quite well.   We hope to have definitive news soon.

Lance
Power BI Team Amanda
Power BI Team

Expanding a bit on what Lance said, while we have be a bit quiet, it wasn't because we forgot about this! We've been busy working on an update and deciding on the best way to release it. As soon as we have a firm date for releasing this update we will be sure to update the thread.

zapppsr Member

Hi @Amanda and @LanceDelano.

Thanks for replying. I'm sure you are doing your best to help us with this. We are just a little bit anxious because the update had a big impact on our reports, and things got different. We are facing a dilemma: Wait for a couple of days for a solution, keeping inacurate reports with our users, or change lots of reports, to change them back again, after the solution...

But don't get me wrong, we trust you and know you are being zealous not to give us a wrong deadline.

Thanks again.

MikeThibs Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Amanda and @LanceDelano,

I've found an additional Issue with this update that is pretty significant. When focusing on a visual that has drill down information, it's not providing the proper filtering to visuals that are linked to it. I know you guys are working on it but it needs to be quick, my teams are losing faith in the product. See below for an example:

Error1.pngError2.pngError3.pngError4.png

made2music Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on when this might be resolved?  It has brought nearly my entire barage of reports to a standstill.  They WERE working beautifully- now, just ugly cluttered garbage.  A 'toggle' would be great!

made2music Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on WHEN this might be resolved? My entire barage of reports has been reduced to ugly cluttered garbage.  A 'toggle' would be wonderful!  I need to decide whether or not to wait it out, or start building separate, replacement views- (a HUGE undertaking), so any update would be fantastic...... sounds like MANY are affected by this. Thanks.

yixiangwang Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

who every come up with the automatic inline hierarchy function is a moreon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diable it when the next update.

Learn how Tableau to their things ok?

Power BI Team AlexGorev
Power BI Team

I want to ensure everybody that we are working hard on this problem! There are some design and experience challenges that we ran into but they all resolved at this point. We are at the stage of testing the solution and we hope to roll out the new Desktop and Service update soon.

Alex.

zapppsr Member

Hi @AlexGorev. Thank you for the feedback.

It is always good to know the progress! Looking forward to get the updates!

Thanks again!

przemekkucia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I don't see the other issue with this inline hierarhy update described above: The measures used in visual are calculated to the item in the top of the hierarhy despite being drilled down to more detailed view.

Example:

We have a Team and Product Managers in that team. We have "Wow factor" target per product. We create a mesure to calculate the targets:

PM_A: 100 wows

PM_B: 200 wows

Team_A: 300 wows

When I put Team_A above PMs in visual and then drill down, the tooltip shows me that PM_A has a WOW target of 300

It destroys informational value of most of the dashboards we publish to our colleagues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 232 members 2,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: