Expanding a bit on what Lance said, while we have be a bit quiet, it wasn't because we forgot about this! We've been busy working on an update and deciding on the best way to release it. As soon as we have a firm date for releasing this update we will be sure to update the thread.
Thanks for replying. I'm sure you are doing your best to help us with this. We are just a little bit anxious because the update had a big impact on our reports, and things got different. We are facing a dilemma: Wait for a couple of days for a solution, keeping inacurate reports with our users, or change lots of reports, to change them back again, after the solution...
But don't get me wrong, we trust you and know you are being zealous not to give us a wrong deadline.
I've found an additional Issue with this update that is pretty significant. When focusing on a visual that has drill down information, it's not providing the proper filtering to visuals that are linked to it. I know you guys are working on it but it needs to be quick, my teams are losing faith in the product. See below for an example:
Any updates on when this might be resolved? It has brought nearly my entire barage of reports to a standstill. They WERE working beautifully- now, just ugly cluttered garbage. A 'toggle' would be great!
Any updates on WHEN this might be resolved? My entire barage of reports has been reduced to ugly cluttered garbage. A 'toggle' would be wonderful! I need to decide whether or not to wait it out, or start building separate, replacement views- (a HUGE undertaking), so any update would be fantastic...... sounds like MANY are affected by this. Thanks.
I want to ensure everybody that we are working hard on this problem! There are some design and experience challenges that we ran into but they all resolved at this point. We are at the stage of testing the solution and we hope to roll out the new Desktop and Service update soon.
I don't see the other issue with this inline hierarhy update described above: The measures used in visual are calculated to the item in the top of the hierarhy despite being drilled down to more detailed view.
We have a Team and Product Managers in that team. We have "Wow factor" target per product. We create a mesure to calculate the targets:
PM_A: 100 wows
PM_B: 200 wows
Team_A: 300 wows
When I put Team_A above PMs in visual and then drill down, the tooltip shows me that PM_A has a WOW target of 300
It destroys informational value of most of the dashboards we publish to our colleagues