cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tishchenko Established Member
Established Member

How to disable the automatic inline hierarchy???

Please, make this new (from august update) fiture optional!!! (on/off)

inline.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: How to disable the automatic inline hierarchy???

Thanks @LanceDelano! Seems, last service build 13.0.1605.489 works exactly as you promised!

But i'm have some question about buttons image quality. (see picture. This screenshot was made from Edge with 200% zoom)

ugly.png

54 REPLIES 54
Super User
Super User

@Tishchenko Looks like you've got field on x-axis as type Text otherwise if you drop date field onto x-axis you usually get drill down in form of Year -> Qtr -> Month -> Day. You can disable that feature by going to File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Data Load and untick time intelligence feature as shown below.

Capture.JPG

Established Member

Hi @ankitpatira, this option "Auto Date/Time alredy disabled in my PBIX.

Look at this video, how this new "cool" fiture broke all of my reports 

(before this update, drill works ok!)

Highlighted
zapppsr Member

HI. 

I always try to think positively about change. The new in-line hiearchy feature will bring possibilities that we didn't have before, but it is taking away some we already have and like. 

I know many workarounds to solve the problem in my chart below, but I dont't have only one like this.

One problem I see is changing the Power BI Online Service in a way that the visuals start presenting different views and numbers is not a good practice.  We are caught off guard in the middle of a presentation with numbers we are not expected to see... I mean numbers, because this new in-line hieararchy group information that previously where separated.

When releasing such a feature, I recommend making it in a way that the previous view is kept and we can have the new view if we like. It is not that hard. Imagine, in this case, a new Drill Down button is added that goes in-line hierarchy, but we stil have the expand all button behaving the same way before...

Now I have many charts to adjust to this new way of drill down.

I believe in features that add new options, but do not replace good options broadly used.

Drill.png

Please fix this, adding a new button to opt between normal or in-line drill down.

Akahn Member

I can't agree more. The PowerBI dev team is asleep at the wheel if they don't understand this.

Akahn Member

Ankitpatira, your suggestion does not fix the problem.

MikeThibs Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I've added my same issue to the issues forum as I think this is a bug they didn't consider. I've referenced this post as well. Upvote mine to help out please. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues/suggestions/15819574-automatic-inline-hierarchy-causi...

zapppsr Member

Ok, I will. Thank you!

phillipgreen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

it killed my reports aswell 

phillipgreen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

it killed my reports as well 

definitely needs a way to switch off per visual 

before.pngBefore

after.pngAfter