Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emilyzhu49
Frequent Visitor

How to disable PPU free trial?

I signed up for the PRO free trial in the Power BI Service but it automatically assigned me to the Premium Per User Trial. However, I would like to explore the pro features ONLY.

Is there a way to disable the PPU trial and go back to the pro trial? I know I won't get a PPU license and I don't want to see PPU features. That will only confuse me...

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi! This is an issue with everyone that they are being assigned automatically a PPU on opting for a free Pro trial.

However please note that no PPU features are available unless you create and assign workspace a PPU capacity. 

So just keep using the workspaces as Pro and none of PPU features would apply for you. That behaves exactly as a Pro license in that case. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dpFr33
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Actually, all users can see a message regardling a PPU trial period. Users are not Experts and ask for explainations!

Can we expect in the future a new parameter in the Power BI admin center?
"Disable Power BI Premium Per User trial" Yes / No 

Regards,
Denis

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @emilyzhu49 

As far as I’m concerned, you can cancel the trial for PPU at the current. You can go to the account setting and check if you can cancel it for your account.😁

v-robertq-msft_0-1617958043744.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @emilyzhu49 

According to my research, you can go to the admin portal to disable the free trail of PPU if you are the admin of your tenant, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1617850248805.png

If not, you can also follow AbhiSSRS’s suggestion to just not upgrade your workspace to the premium capacity. This will keep you just behave like a Pro license.

Here’s a blog that explains PPU and tenant in detail, you can take a look:

https://bennidejagere.com/2021/01/power-bi-premium-per-user-whos-using-it-in-your-tenant/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi! This is an issue with everyone that they are being assigned automatically a PPU on opting for a free Pro trial.

However please note that no PPU features are available unless you create and assign workspace a PPU capacity. 

So just keep using the workspaces as Pro and none of PPU features would apply for you. That behaves exactly as a Pro license in that case. 

Thanks!

You are wrong. I subscribed to Pro user and it auto-assigned with PPU trail. However, I can't access my Pro admin portal. I got something like this;

BobWong_0-1647495222624.png

Is there a way to disable the PPU trial? TIA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors