cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyzhu49
Frequent Visitor

How to disable PPU free trial?

I signed up for the PRO free trial in the Power BI Service but it automatically assigned me to the Premium Per User Trial. However, I would like to explore the pro features ONLY.

Is there a way to disable the PPU trial and go back to the pro trial? I know I won't get a PPU license and I don't want to see PPU features. That will only confuse me...

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Super User
Super User

Hi! This is an issue with everyone that they are being assigned automatically a PPU on opting for a free Pro trial.

However please note that no PPU features are available unless you create and assign workspace a PPU capacity. 

So just keep using the workspaces as Pro and none of PPU features would apply for you. That behaves exactly as a Pro license in that case. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @emilyzhu49 

As far as I’m concerned, you can cancel the trial for PPU at the current. You can go to the account setting and check if you can cancel it for your account.😁

v-robertq-msft_0-1617958043744.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @emilyzhu49 

According to my research, you can go to the admin portal to disable the free trail of PPU if you are the admin of your tenant, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1617850248805.png

If not, you can also follow AbhiSSRS’s suggestion to just not upgrade your workspace to the premium capacity. This will keep you just behave like a Pro license.

Here’s a blog that explains PPU and tenant in detail, you can take a look:

https://bennidejagere.com/2021/01/power-bi-premium-per-user-whos-using-it-in-your-tenant/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AbhiSSRS
Super User
Super User

Hi! This is an issue with everyone that they are being assigned automatically a PPU on opting for a free Pro trial.

However please note that no PPU features are available unless you create and assign workspace a PPU capacity. 

So just keep using the workspaces as Pro and none of PPU features would apply for you. That behaves exactly as a Pro license in that case. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!