Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Frequent Visitor

How to delete the deleted users in power bi permanently

How to delete the deleted users

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @9440497961

Actually, you could delete the user in Office365 Admin Portal or Azure Active Directory in Azure Admin Portal, then the account will disappear in any workspace and group in Power BI.

What is your scenario? You could try to delete the user by the way above. If you need additional help, could you make a specific description, so that we can reproduce the scenario well?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

I read your reply. I deleted a user in the Office365 Admin Portal, however, the user still appear in the Power BI App "Publish App" Access Permissions list. Do we need to manually update apps to remove?

Regards,

Kai Hock

Yeah I know thow to delete the active users. But,after deleting the users the user will get into deleted users list.

I wanna delete the user permananetly withoiut putting them in a deleted users list.

Hope u got what I am going to convey'

Thank you

Hi @9440497961

Normally, when you delete a user from the Office 365 control panel they are moved into a recycle bin for 30 days so that they can be recovered easily if the deletion was not intended.

You also could use PowerShell to permanently remove a deleted user in Office 365 recycle bin .

If you want to remove a single item from the recycle bin use can use the Powershell command:

Remove-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName ‘DemoUser5@Priasoft.mail.onmicrosoft.com’ -RemoveFromRecycleBin

For more details about how to purge the deleted user, you could refer to the links below.

https://www.priasoft.com/how-to-purge-deleted-msol-users-from-the-office-365-recycle-bin/

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/permanently-remove-deleted-users-office-365/

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors