Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to delete certain visualization added from marketplace

So I added bunch of  visualizations from marketplace to test them.

Then I decided to delete them. However few of them I cannot delete from my Visualizations tab.

I deleted almost all by right-clicking and pressing delete. But few of them cannot even be right-clicked. And I am pretty sure they are not standard ones, I remember adding them from marketplace.

Can you please help me understand why and how to delete them. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

For power bi custom visuals, they are develop by power bi team or other team/users. The official custom visuals from power bi custom visual team are design same as normal visuals rules.
But for visuals which develop by third party, we can't ensure if they forgot to add some general features.(e.g. right click to delete) 

For this scenario, you can remove imported custom visuals at 'custom visual' panel to force delete correspond custom visuals.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me where is this custom visual panel. I really don't see it. If I go to Custom visuals (1st pic)  I don't see anywhere how to delete mine, I can't even find it in marketplace.

visual1.PNGIf I try to delete it in other way (2nd pic) it still doesn't show me custom visuals I want to delete.

visual2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Custom visual panel will display at the down side of 'visualizations' panel if you add custom visuals to your report.

1.png

I can't find any custom visual display on your custom visual panel what I mentioned. What place you download that visual? It sounds like a uncertified custom visual, can you please share a sample pbix file for test?

Certified custom visuals

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

@v-shex-msft 

Thank you for reviewing this case.

I am not sure how to attach pbix file, as I see no such option here.

But seems like you actually have these visuals they are Key Influencers and ArcGIS Maps for Power BI

https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-maps-for-power-bi/overview

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-influencers

As I said ,neither I can right click and delete them, neither I can delete them through delete custom visual option. Were you able to do it ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Key influencers and arcgis map visuals are related as normal visuals, you can't remove them as custom visuals.

Custom visuals remove methods:
1. Click on '...' and choose remove a custom visual.

11.png

2. Right click on custom visuals listed on personal visual panel to remove it.

12.png

You can upload report file to onedrive or google drive then share link here. 

Notice: do mask on sensitive data before share.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors