Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcbowyercdc

How to default UPN/UserName for report login

In our organization, users often have multiple email accounts that access multiple instances of the power bi online service.   Users often don't know the email account to use to login the first time to power bi.

We would like to default the user name in our application so that the user is then sent directly to single sign on without having to know their email address for their credentials.   

Working
This is currently possible when pointing to the power bi homepage through a hyperlink as follows:  

https://app.powerbigov.us/home?tenant=[ourtenantid]&UPN=[myemailid].

Not working
However if we try to do the same default querystring pointing directly to a report the user login name is not defaulted like we would expect/want.   This does not work the way it does when pointing to the homepage.

https://app.powerbigov.us/reportEmbed?reportId=[reportid]&autoAuth=false&ctid=[ctid]&config=[config]...tenant=[ourtenantid]&UPN=[myemailid].

Is there a way to default the login name so the user is not prompted to choose a login name when linking directly to a report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

The only thing I know of is to use an application called OKTA that could solve these issues for you.

Maybe someone else has got some additional input

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

The only thing I know of is to use an application called OKTA that could solve these issues for you.

Maybe someone else has got some additional input

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors